Friday, March 16, 2007

wascal wabbits

I got home early today, because Starflower had a music program at school at 1:30, and by the time it was over there was no point in going back to work. Anyway, my stepdaughter Sarah was here for spring break (she's a graduate student at Nebraska) and we made her a good steak dinner.

I did get home early enough, before dinner started, to take Togo for a walk and even to check out my garden. I saw maybe one lettuce sprout where I planted last week. There's still hope.

But then I walked over in the snow to check our apple trees we planted last year. Unfortunately, most of them have been nibbled on by rabbits, maybe even girdled. Arrrgghhh.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, you could do like I do and invest nearly $10 in each little twig building a steel cage around it to protect it. Your neighbors will no doubtedly laugh behind your back, but if you have a fifty percent success rate, you'll consider yourself a bloody genius. (2nd person is so handy, isn't it?)

pablo
www.roundrockjournal.com

Rurality said...

Bad! Bad wabbits!

Just returned to blogging from a little break... sorry to hear about Puffball.

Deb said...

pablo- considering those trees cost about $25 apiece, that might not be a bad investment.

rurality- thanks. He was a good cat.