Thursday, March 15, 2007

eyes

I went for an eye appointment today. I have gone without corrective lenses for 39 years, but I thought I should at least get my eye health checked before I suddenly found myself among the middle aged.

The verdict: While it is not legally necessary for me to wear corrective lenses for any function of life, I was impressed with how my far-sight vision has decreased through the years. I just might get a pair of glasses for driving, bird watching, looking out over an audience...anyway, wishful thinking aside, anything that might require me to look out over a distance. Oh, middle age. I embrace thee. I think.

4 comments:

Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

I'll bet you'll find you like our glasses for those distances. I didn't realize what I wasn't seeing until I saw it. I'll leave it for someone else to comment on bifocals...

R.Powers said...

Hey, if needing lenses makes you middle aged, I've been middle aged since 5th grade.

Deb said...

Lynne- I think they'll come in handy for the Duluth Harbor bird trip!

FC- I didn't mean to imply that...umm...well..I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. Good vision is nothing to be taken for granted.

Dan Trabue said...

Have you played in front of any audiences of late?

Check out what I've done:

http://flickr.com/photos/59766195@N00/420958433/

I purchased an old banjo-mandolin (or, Manjo, as I like to call it), repaired it, straightened the neck, replaced the skin and bridge and voila! It's actually playable.