Thursday, May 08, 2008

sights and sounds

in bloom: marsh marigold, spring beauty, bloodroot, maple

leaves appearing: aspen

bird arrivals: house wren, sedge wren, ovenbird (and probably a few warblers)

frog chorus: spring peepers, Western chorus frogs, wood frogs, toads (well, not here, but 30 miles south of here)

I wish I had more time to write poetically about all these happenings, but lately I feel like George Jetson caught on that treadmill during the closing credits. Life is too busy.

2 comments:

Lynne said...

Life gets that way doesn't it? I'm working on slowing my mind now that I have more time on my hands.

Love the George Jetson visual!

jan m said...

Too bad life can't slow down at springtime. So many things to do, and the season is flying by already. Hope you enjoy this day!