Wednesday, March 08, 2006

going hi tech

I'm blogging on wireless, dude! Just less than a month ago we only had dial-up, and now thanks to The Hermit's new job, which is an adventure in international telecommuting, he has a fully equipped laptop. And, I'm learning all about my new cell phone; for the first time we have two of them, with all the bells and whistles, all the better to stay fully connected, of course.

What I can't figure out now is who I am going to be in touch with constantly, or why in the world anyone would possibly need to reach me while I'm in the produce section of the grocery store. As it is, we rarely get land-line phone calls, even from family. We're just not the "I just had this thought, so I had to call someone and tell them!" kind of people. Which is somewhat of a paradox, because I blog and tell my random thoughts to the world.

What I want to find out first is how to download a Bela Fleck or Sam Bush ringtone. :)

4 comments:

R.Powers said...

Wait til those beautiful kids become teens, you'll have cell phones coming out your ears and you'll be glad to have 'em.

Endment said...

How well I remember! it is not long since we got a DSL connection. We are still in an area that is cell phone dead. We use our cells in the city but as soon as we cross the river we have no cell service.

Technology is great --- It is also frustrating when it doesn't work.

Have fun exploring these wonderful new inventions.

arcolaura said...

I remember a stretch of soil-sampling work out in a hilly part of west central Saskatchewan. I had to call in to the office, so I had the quad up on a high piece of ground, and I was standing on the seat, with my bag phone balanced on my head to keep the antenna as high as I could. (It was a great heavy high-powered thing, so I couldn't hold it straight up above my head for any length of time). The boss gave me some info and I told him we'd probably lose the cell connection if I wrote it down, and then I had to explain my pose. I had to hold the pose a while longer while he finished laughing.

clairesgarden said...

I tend to 'upgrade' long after anybody else which has the added benefit of getting second hand deals but the disadvantage of recieving files that take an hour to download and only took them 2 seconds to send! cell phones are great when they work, vodaphone is better over scotland than most networks but its still possible to lose it. its just something else to play with, enjoy!
Laura. .oh I'm still laughing,I'm glad you didn't fall off your quad!!