Thursday, December 22, 2005

My Christmas vacation has begun

I'm taking the day off tomorrow (Friday). For sanity's sake, I think it is the best option; after all, my to-do list before Christmas is way too long, and if Christmas preparations aren't enough, I have the music gig with Fred tomorrow night. I'm looking forward to it, because I feel some of the songs are starting to come together nicely, which can only come through practice and repetition. I'm also doing some nice things with the guitar that I have not been able to do before, mostly because I have not had a reason to push myself to learn them. I'll try to have The Hermit take some digital photos tomorrow night. ;) Supposedly he could also record a short video, complete with audio, but taking still photos will be enough new technology as it is for one night.

So my to-do list includes the following:

Clean house (never ending job)
Bake Christmas cookies
Get Christmas ornaments from storage shed; decorate
Practice music a little
Shovel snow off the pond
Try to do something with my hair, which is not cooperating lately
Begin preparations for the Christmas feast
Manage three offspring on their first day of Christmas vacation (praying for nice outside weather here!)

I haven't had the chance to play with the new camera much; hopefully I will get a few photos taken in the daylight tomorrow and share them here.

3 comments:

R.Powers said...

Good luck on the gig and on that big list...looks like one of mine.
Is shoveling the snow off the pond for skating purposes?
Your kids are the perfect age for Christmas excitement. Enjoy!

Hey, I just checked and it's 32 degrees so we are officially freezing here in Pure Florida. Cool!

robin andrea said...

Looking forward to the photos of you playing at the gig Friday night. Good luck with all of it.

dharma bum said...

merry christmas deb! hope you have a great time at the show and a happy holiday.

cheers.