Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone

I realize to my Canadian friends this is just a normal day, but it's always a good idea to give thanks. I am thankful that we have a roof over our heads, food in the pantry, and a source of income and health insurance. I am thankful for family and friends, and pets who bring so much joy into our lives. I am thankful for health. I am thankful for the Internet, for bringing wonderful people into my life and for making more information available to everyone.

After making the 100+ mile drive to the city and back to celebrate a wonderful meal at my brother's house, I am thankful I live where I do, that I don't have to put up with that kind of noise and traffic every day! I am thankful that piling the family into the car and making that drive is even an option.

Yes, this world is imperfect, and sometimes I wonder with all the suffering and oppression how I deserve this good life I have. But if I resolve to live a life of grace and compassion, to share the gifts I have and raise my children to be good people, I hope to have made a difference.

Grace and peace to all.

4 comments:

Madcap said...

Happy thanksgiving, Deb. Glad it was a good day for you.

Jayne said...

So many wonderful things to be thankful for indeed, Deb. Hope your day was filled with love and the blessings of family and friends.

cheryl said...

We already had our Thanksgiving in October but I agree with your list of things to be thankful and if I may add one more to your list , I am thankful for your blog and your wonderful posts !

RuthieJ said...

You're so right Deb. We all have much to be thankful for and many blessings that shouldn't be taken for granted.