Wednesday, January 25, 2006

post deficit disorder

I have come to one of those points where I feel I have nothing to say, so I have (probably wisely) said nothing. Until now. I feel like posting, just for the heck of it, and just because if I don't post, people will probably think "Why don't that gal at Sand Creek Almanac post no more?"

I could post about our new home computer. The old one, which we bought reconditioned a year ago with Windows ME or something like that, was starting to go really slow. It always sounded like it had hamsters running on little wheels inside, but I think one of the hamsters maybe died. At a very inopportune time, since The Hermit had some important e-business going, so he went back to the same shop and traded for something with faster hamsters, like many gigahertz of them. Also many gigabytes of storage, Windows XP, and a DVD/recordable CD drive. I like the look of it, but I do miss the sound of those hamsters running around on their little wheels.

Or I could post the gory details of my 24 hour flu bug, which hit at work on Monday, but...I've already posted a photo of me in a towel headed for the shower. Enough for one week.

Nothing new on the nature observation circuit, except maybe the pair of eagles I observed yesterday while I was lying in my bed recovering from the flu bug. I guess it doesn't get any better than that.

OR...I could post about the strange phenomenon of cat blogging. Somehow my picture of Puffball lying in the sun got posted to the 96th Carnival Of The Cats, and the needle on my Site Meter was buried. I got a record 150 hits on Monday, about 3/4 of them were referred from the cat carnival. There are people who post pictures of cats from time to time, and there are people who actually spend time looking at other people's pictures of cats! This blogging world continues to amaze me. By the way, whoever was responsible for that, it's quite alright, just next time post a picture of Whiter Biter instead; he's getting quite jealous. :)

7 comments:

clairesgarden said...

good luck with your new computer, I am still plodding away with the old hamsters, I love that idea, hamsters! thankyou for that giggle. sorry to hear you have had the flu, I thought you should have been too hardy to catch the flu after running around in the snow!

Anonymous said...

Deb, you are a blogging goddess, and anything you have to post is golden to me. I'm glad you're feeling better and you've gotten yerself a new set of hamsters. Keep the faith, Sister!

robin andrea said...

Nothing will cure you like seeing two eagles nesting. There's a whole lot of health in a sight like that. Hope the new computer works out, and the new hamsters are fast and happy in their new home. I often don't feel like posting anything. I've got a ton of photos, but absolutely nothing to say.

Deb said...

Thanks for the nice comments on a real nothing post! :) Especially Pablo-for some reason that really made my day.

Anonymous said...

I like you site. I will come back to it.

Anonymous said...

Deb, I'm the one who submitted the photo to Carnival of the Cats because it was such a wonderful picture I felt everyone had to see it.

I'll leave it up to you whether or not to submit Whiter Biter, who too is incredibly cute.

Dan Trabue said...

Sorry for the loss of your hamster.