Monday, May 09, 2005

Kate Wolf quotes

I'm sitting here listening to Kate's album, Lines On The Paper. I have not listened to this album as much as some of her others; although Kate can't write or sing a bad song, these songs just take a bit more time to grow on me. The only song on this album that I have played is Lay Me Down Easy In My Mind. An excerpt:

Now the seasons of my life
They go turning through the days
I've seen bitter winters come and go
And here I am in sunny times
Not feeling like I should
And wondering when the winds will start to blow


From The Trumpet Vine, which I'm going to work on tonight when I seize the moment:

Now as we come and go, in sunshine and in rain,
Some years are seen more clearly than the rest,
And if it weren't for kitchen songs and mornings spent with friends
We all might lose the things we love the best


And from You're Not Standing Like You Used To, some great timely advice:

And I wish I could make you happy some way
But that would be a lie and you know it
Find what you really care about
Then live a life that shows it


Kate left us way too early in her life. For more information visit Kate's website . Or better yet, head on out to northern California for the Kate Wolf memorial festival in late June. Great lineup this year as usual!

No comments: