Friday, January 25, 2008

the look

I have to admit, the blue was starting to bug me, that and the light text against dark background. Plus, it really wasn't visually interesting enough, especially with the dearth of photos I've published lately.

I think I've found a visual balance between simplicity (reflecting the state of living I strive for) and...hmmm, I don't know exactly what the word is I'm looking for. "Busyness"? Which is what I need to have in my life as well.

The look also reflects my desire to get back into writing, reflection, and taking my blogging more seriously. To get back to what my blog description says it should be.

Okay, not TOO seriously. There will always be room for projectile pistachios. :-)

10 comments:

Heidi said...

One must always leave room for flying pistachios, especially as February comes into view!

I love the header picture. It's similar to some I took one evening as well, with the opposite view full of sunset colors.

Deb said...

Heidi- Yes, February can be brutal. I remember last year's, how January was so mild and then in came February, making up for it.

I love these winter sunsets, especially looking the other way and seeing the gradient of pink to sapphire blue. This picture was taken on the winter solstice. We've gained a lot of light since then.

By the way, this is Starch Road, just off 22. On the way home.

Richard said...

I like the new look of your blog.

Anonymous said...

Looks great! Being a Minnesota native now living in Missouri I appreciate the header photo as it screams of my home.

Jane

Anonymous said...

Nice header photo. Like the new look! Makes me realize I should spruce up a couple of my blogs, a bit.

The pistachio story brought a smile and brightened the day. Thanks for Sharing!

Anonymous said...

I'll join the chorus of folks who like the new look. Crisp and clean, lean yet open. (Now if I could just get myself into that state . . .)

R.Powers said...

Ditto on the header. Beautiful.
I like the bright new look too.

Deb said...

Hey all...thanks. Really. I like it, but it matters more if you like it.

RuthieJ said...

I like the new look, Deb. I've been absent for a while and noticed it right away. I love your new picture at the top too, and was hoping to spot a great gray owl atop one of those utility poles!

Deb said...

RuthieJ- If I get a mind to it, I'll post the photo where we saw a great gray owl in May.