Friday, March 13, 2009

Geese!

I took off work two hours early just because. Just because I was tired of being there, and it was so nice outside, and I really had no pressing need to be there.

When I got home, The Hermit asked if I wanted to drive with him to Moose Lake, where he needed to pick up a couple prescriptions. I was up for a ride.

On the way we saw three snow buntings. I had not seen any of them in about a month. Then, as we drove into town, crossing the river and seeing open water, we saw them. Two Canada geese.

Spring is here!

7 comments:

Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

I'm starting to belive it too!

Lynne at Hasty Brook said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jayne said...

Yay! So hope you all are done with the snow and ice! :c)

Grizz………… said...

Deb…I have two Canadas standing in my yard at this very moment, having come up from the river to eat the cracked corn I put out for the sparrows and ground feeders. Of course geese winter over here, so they're not that big a deal—but they've paired up, after a couple of weeks of loud honking and chasing about, and nesting should be underway any time, if it hasn't begun already. The goldfinches are changing into their bright yellow outfits, too. Spring is indeed heading your way.

barefoot gardener said...

Yay! I thought I heard some geese the other morning at work, but they were pretty far off, and I didn't wanna jinx it.

Spring, Spring, Spring.....I'm so HAPPY!!!

Endment said...

Geese are overhead here also
Come Spring - come

Deb said...

Oops, I forgot to respond to everyone. So I'll just say thanks for commenting, and Endment it's nice to hear from you again!