Thursday, October 30, 2008

practice

Let's forget about politics for a while. Time for a little baseball. (By the way, congrats Phillies, even though I was kind of rooting for the Rays.)

A little rough on the delivery...

Could work on the release...

Mmmm...that one's in there...

Oops... a little high...or is that a slider?

STeeRike Three!!!

May I present to you an aspiring Major League pitcher. He tries to explain to me the difference between a slider and a curve ball and a fast ball. It's all in how he holds the ball, how many fingers against how many seams in the ball. Go for it, Calvin. He sure is an inspiration to me; if I only went after my banjo or mandolin with that much intensity and dedication!

I might add, it's a good thing that baseball is so white. We have lost a few this year in the grass and brush!

2 comments:

Jayne said...

Pitching has always fascinated me. I can't wrap my brain around how you can put your finger on the ball a certain way and it does different things? Such dedication and intensity there. I do believe he'll reach his goal. ;c)

Deb said...

Jayne- It is a mystery to me too, but Calvin seems to have it all figured out. I wish he would practice his saxophone with so much intensity, but I am glad there is one thing that captures his energy.

I have two kitties on my lap here as I type, and one is nibbling on my fingers. As usual.