Saturday, November 04, 2006

Now you've done it, Ben and Jerry's



Just when I thought I could maybe live without ice cream, you came up with a flavor that I cannot resist. Well, besides Coffee Heath Bar Crunch, Cherries Garcia, and Phish Food...among others. But I've been walking by the freezer aisle lately, not giving in to the luscious pints lurking behind glass doors. I can say I have not consumed more than a pint of ice cream in the past year. And, up until now, I have not felt deprived.

But you did it, Ben and Jerry's. You created an ice cream than incorporates one of my favorite consumable substances...BEER. That, along with another delectable treat, CHOCOLATE. Yes, that's right. There is now an ice cream that combines cream stout and chocolate. Is this heaven?

Way back when I worked at Baskin Robbins, before I even knew what beer tasted like (yes, there was a time...) I remember a few male customers joking that if only they made beer-flavored ice cream. How gross, I thought. Now, uhh...twenty years later, here it is. That pint in the freezer may not live until morning. :)

6 comments:

R.Powers said...

It still doesn't sound good to me. You have to post a follow up report. We are all wondering ...

Deb said...

Oh, believe me, it is good! If you've never tasted raw dark malt syrup, you just would not understand...do you like stout? That helps. :)

LauraHinNJ said...

Can't imagine beer and chocolate together?

Does B+J make a chocolate with peanut butter? That would be my favorite!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. Maybe if somebody made ice-cream-flavoured beer, I could get started...

But better not...

Anonymous said...

MMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm!

... and I just recently qualified for a free pint of Ben & Jerry's, every month for the next year, from my long distance phone company, Working Assets.

'Black & Tan' will surely provide some variety to my occasional craving for 'Cherry Garcia'.

Deb said...

LauraH- I don't know if they do, but I remember chocolate peanut butter from Baskin Robbins. With the solidified chunks of peanut butter, it was one of the most difficult ones to scoop. I liked it once in a while.

Laura- Nope, if you're not already on that road, there's no reason to start!

Jim- Next they should come out with a "Bigfoot" flavor.