Sunday, December 20, 2009

winter through a window that needs cleaning

This was the scene out of Calvin's window this afternoon, looking over my garden, across the swamp to the woods beyond. I thought today was strangely beautiful, with a light snow falling against the starkness of winter. I don't know how much of that is snowflakes and how much is fly droppings on the window. I must do some cleaning in there.

And this is our new area rug in the living room. The Hermit found it at Menard's on sale, and Calvin and his friend were more than willing to do all the hard work to remove the old rug, vacuum everything, and get this rug in place. Mr. Attitude likes it, as you can tell. Well, he would like anything that ensured his comfort playing video games. It looks like a new room, and I hope it stays that way! At any rate, Mr. Attitude should not have to be sitting so close to the TV come Christmas day...some oversizing may be in our future...

3 comments:

cheryl said...

That is a nice rug , I am enjoying seeing your house now that you are living in it for awhile . It seems to be a real homey comfortable home and the surrounding area is so beautiful , the scenery must be ever changing .

Deb said...

Cheryl- This is probably the nicest, most finished looking room in the house right now. I do treasure the views I have out the windows, I mean, if I lived in the city I would die for a view like that!

Jayne said...

What a view Deb! Love the new rug too. Hope you and yours have a very wonderful Christmas.