Sunday, December 24, 2006

may the blessings of the season be with you



As I take a break from vacuuming, cleaning, baking, and all the other preparations that go before the feast, I want to take this time to wish a merry Christmas, or whatever holiday you choose to celebrate. Somehow, I don't think they are all that different. As I near my second anniversary of blogging, I am thankful for the wonderful community of bloggers I have come to regard as friends. Your blogs, your sharing, your honesty really make my day, every day. What a wonderful gift to give.

And I am thankful for that very photogenic tamarack in my swamp, and for the frost that gave it a special, mystical look this morning.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. Merry Christmas to you and your bunch, Deb. And a great wave of wellness, too.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas SandCreekians!!

LauraHinNJ said...

Happy Christmas to you. Love that tamarack!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family Deb. Take a deep breath of that sweet northern Minnesota air for me!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, Deb, best wishes to all your household, and thank you for sharing the gift of your tamarack.

Pam in Tucson said...

Merry, merry Christmas to you, your family and your friends, Deb. Thank you for this warm and lovely post. Your photogenic tamarack stands you in good stead throughout the seasons. This latest photo is a beauty.

Deb said...

Thanks all. In looking at the photo, doesn't that tamarack look like a dancer?

I am thinking tamaracks are a lot more kindly than spruces. This afternoon I cut a spruce for our family Christmas tree, that was growing in a brush pile we want to burn (eight years old...that brush pile has been there a while!) Anyway, everywhere those spruce needles touched my skin, I got hives. I can't believe it, I who has never been allergic to anything...allergic to the Christmas tree!