Wednesday, February 09, 2011

A sunny scene for today

Navarro River Redwoods State Park, California, 2002

 This picture has been hanging in my office cubicle for a long time, and today I decided it would be good to scan it before it faded. Calvin and Starflower were 5 and 3 at the time. Mr. Attitude was less than a year old.

Calvin, by the way, won the school spelling bee Monday night! He gets a cash prize of $50, plus the chance to compete in the regional spelling bee in a couple of weeks. In his usual style, he didn't do much to prepare for the competition; he just told me afterwards "Spelling is easy!" He must get it from me. :)

3 comments:

webb said...

What a perfect photo. As great as it is for them to grow and prosper, it's so nice to see their early years when things - like the beach - were new and thrilling. I can see why you keep it near your desk.

R.Powers said...

So cute!
Congrats !!!

Jayne said...

What a sweet, sweet photo Deb! Yay Calvin! I am a pretty darn good speller too!