Thursday, August 25, 2011

so what's up?

I don't know about my whole blog energy lately. This blog is such a part of me I will not quit it, ever, but I just have a hard time keeping up. Maybe it's the whole computer location thing. The computer is still in the cabin, which is just out of WiFi range of the house. I can't get used to blogging on my iPhone anyway, the computer needs to stay in the cabin for space and gaming reasons (the XBox is there, dammit!), and it is hard for me to come out the the cabin and write what I want to write. And I do really want to write.

So what does this mean? I don't know. I know that I want to write, and I have to keep working at it. I know that there are so many things I want to say that remain unsaid. I will work at it.

Did I mention my son Vinny is now at least 3 inches taller than me, and my daughter Nina is catching up fast? Wow. And Vinny made a pretty mature decision to not go out for football. Or basketball. He is a baseball guy. And I like that. Football takes so much time, what with two a days and all that, and I think as long as he concentrates on his talents, which include baseball, music, AND every topic in school, he will do all right. He actually told me "I will have more time to focus on academics." To hear this from a 14 year old kid is priceless. He told me his math teacher said he was probably the smartest kid in his class. And I believe it!!

Ah, time. Vinny drives the old truck like it's second nature. Next summer he will be taking driver's ed. Meanwhile, I stop and try to breathe in every last breath of August that I can...


4 comments:

RuthieJ said...

your kids are growing up so fast and summer is so short here in Minnesota -- the blog will always be there and you need to take advantage of your time outside & with the kids.
Blog when you can Deb....we understand if you're away for awhile.

webb said...

Plenty of time when the days get short and the cabin feels cozy to get back to blogging. We miss you, tho.

Susan said...

I imagine returning to work after the three-week shutdown has taken energy from you. Blogging will come back to you in time...follow RuthieJ's wise words. And thanks for the kind words on FB! (Taking a break from packing.) Susan

Anonymous said...

I work a full-time job and have a disabled husband. I do not blog; if I did I'd never have the time to read all the ones I enjoy, which, frankly, I'd rather do than blog. At least at this point anyway.
Momadness (missouri madness) aka vickie in kc