Saturday, January 17, 2009

Saturday stuff

Temperature: 15 degrees and sunny/partly cloudy. Nice, but a bit windy.

I woke up at 7:15 AM to drive Calvin and friend to basketball in Moose Lake, about 25 miles away. It turns out we were an hour early; we somehow didn't get the message that the schedule had changed. Oh well, I had time to go to the nice coffee shop in town and refill my mug.

Calvin played very well. I am pretty proud of him; before this year he has not played on a basketball team. He signed up for this team at the urging of his friend. I'm sure they appreciated having a 5'3 (5'4? I can't keep track these days) sixth grader; I think he's the tallest one on the team. His skills have improved greatly in a short time, and today he played for the "A" team. They don't really call it that, but they put the better players on one team to ensure no one sits on the bench too long.

When I got home, I turned around and drove Mr. Attitude to a new friend's house. I'm glad he finally has someone to play with; there is no one his age nearby.

I was going to go running or cross country skiing, but the wind is a little too strong for my tastes. And there are dishes to do...

This is supposed to be my day off, right?

3 comments:

Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

Run, run, run!
The older they get-
the more I run.

Is that the coffee shop with the book/craft/antique shop in back?
I had an amazingly delicious blueberry cheesecake muffin there last summer.

Deb said...

Lynne- Ain't that right. The Hermit had to run Mr. Attitude to his b-ball practice at 8:30 at his school near Banning Junction (north of Sandstone).

It was Joe Jitters, right downtown in Moose Lake. It looked like a place I would love to spend some time in.

Jayne said...

Wow Deb... sounds practically balmy there now...lol! Glad it was a fun day and that Calvin played well. :c)