Sunday, December 28, 2008

It's CBC time again!

Tomorrow I am taking the day off of work to again participate in the Pine County Christmas Bird Count. This will be my third year, and if all goes well I will be spending the day with some old birding friends. I haven't seen many birds this winter; no pine or evening grosbeaks, and only one rough legged hawk so far. But anything can happen with a bunch of devoted birders scouring the area, and I have still been seeing robins lately. :) I did see a bald eagle perched atop a tamarack today, I suppose technically that would count. It was magnificent. I also had dreams about golden eagles; they probably would not count except maybe as a sign?

And in other unrelated news, I checked my standings on Nature Blog Network and was surprised to see this blog at number 84! I am surprised I am even in the top 100. Thanks, whoever stops in here!

4 comments:

Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

Have fun Deb! I think the golden eagle dream IS a sign of a fabulous day birding.

Did you get my email?

Deb said...

Lynne- The Sax Zim one? Yes, and I'm thinking about it. I would really love to do it this year, just have to see what's up with the family schedule for that weekend. I think it's doable. I really want to see a snowy owl this year!

Madcap said...

CBC - when I first saw that, I thought for sure you were having a Canadian Broadcasting Corporation Day! Stuart McLean is pretty funny... I guess it could have been Canadian Bird Count too.

Jayne said...

Well, of course your beautiful blog ranks right up there! :c) Have fun on the count!