Friday, April 20, 2007

we interrupt this regularly scheduled Friday night vodka-tinted rant to give you...

Maggie. I gotta admit, she's cute.

I had no idea I would be surrogate parent to yet another puppy today. The Hermit had warned me he needed a Chesapeake, told me he had one picked out, but...he drove all the way to Fargo ND today (he was halfway there, granted...had to work a wildlife "banquet" last night...) to get her. Didn't warn me that tonight we'd have one more shredder of everything shreddable in the house!

Chesapeakes are supposed to grow larger than Labs. Yikes.

But she is cute, and I like her puppy temperament a lot better than that Brittany we have.

And isn't that a nice-looking boy holding her?

7 comments:

LauraHinNJ said...

Oh cuuute! And what better way to enjoy the improving weather than romping with a puppy!

R.Powers said...

OMG!
She is toooo cute and what a happy kid. Who can blame him?

Anonymous said...

Wait. Which one is Maggie?

And does this place called North Dakota really exist? I thought it was one of those mythical places you hear about in stories.

Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

That is one handsome boy and a cuuute pup. I'll bet she's got reeeally big feet!

H. Stallard said...

Kind of funny how they both have the same cute little grin.

Madcap said...

Chesapeake? We had one once - the dumbest dog ever to pee on a tree. My condolences.

The kid's a keeper, though!

Deb said...

LauraH- At least we're not stuck inside with her!

FC- I am beginning to think a kid can never have too many encounters with puppies. It brings out the best in them. The kids and the puppies.

pablo- it does indeed exist, I just like to keep my distance. Those characters in the movie "Fargo"? Very convincing.

Lynne- Huge feet, for a pup.

H Stallard- Yes they do, now that you mention it!

Madcap- Obviously you've never had a Brittany. Stupid plus hyperactive, and late to house train. Our Brit thinks "YOU IDIOT" is a compliment!

With the bar lowered, we'll see how Maggie fits in.