Friday, March 09, 2007

this is not going to be a good day

I woke up at 5 am to the sound of one of the cats out in the porch. It was an odd, howling sort of meow, something I'd never heard before. I went out to find Puffball writhing around on the floor, panting heavily,and howling. He appeared to be partially paralyzed. I called the vet, left a message, and she called back. She said it sounded like a blood clot, and the prognosis wasn't good.

I'm bringing him in at 8, but I'm expecting the worst.

I have way too many cats outside that I want to get rid of.

WHY?

6 comments:

Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

Keeping my fingers crossed for Puffball and you.

Anonymous said...

All my very best wishes to you and your baby. We love them so much...

arcolaura said...

Oh dear. Sounds like an agonizing time for both of you, and all your household too. It's awful to have to watch a cat in pain. Wishing you comfort and strength for whatever must be done.

Unknown said...

I hope puffball is doing ok. i have to many cats too, but its still distressing when one of them is hurt or injured or suffering.

Anonymous said...

Hoping all will be well; we will share your pain and/or joy.

Deb said...

Thanks for the kind wishes. It's over; there was nothing the vet could do but put a quick end to his suffering. She said she's never seen a cat survive a condition like this. It is heartbreaking because it was so unexpected. At least we have his son, Blue Flame (he's a flame point Siamese) to cuddle.