Monday, November 20, 2006

morning at home


I'm taking the day off work today, so I thought I'd catch up and show a couple scenes from yesterday morning, which was beautifully clear and frosty, although cold (12 degrees).

You'd think in the above photo I could have taken the time to clean up the yard. Overturned plastic lawn furniture and cooler...not very classy.

Those peak ends should be closed in, with windows installed, in a week or so!


After I took this photo, trying to capture some essence of the sunlight on frost, I realized the camera lens had a gigantic fingerprint on it. Oh well, it kind of acted as a diffuser.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm laughing, that just happened to me yesterday! I was taking pictures and later noticed the big smeary fingerprint on my lens. ;~)

The house looks great yard debris and all. You must be getting excited at this point, the place is almost habitable now. Can't wait to see it with the windows in.

Rurality said...

Now, you know that for being out in the country, that is a most excellently cleaned yard!

R.Powers said...

I have to agree with Rurality. I am always surprised when I look at a photo of the house or garden and there is all this "STUFF" lying around. There's a lot to be said for having a homestead off the beaten path.

Deb said...

Okay, thank you all for reminding me of the rural aesthetic, and why I think neighborhood associations, and ordinances governing what can and can't be placed in one's yard, are a bad idea. At least I have the freedom to have tipped over plastic chairs in the yard, and no one can come in and see it. Except those Jehovah's Witnesses today...Guess Togo's gotta practice looking more ferocious...:)