Saturday, May 13, 2006

Emerson random quotes

Just wanted to alert you to a cool sidebar thing I've added. If you scroll down past all the blog links and past the "other interesting sites" list, you'll see a quote from Ralph Waldo Emerson, courtesy of the Transcendentalist website (there's a link by the quote). Every time you view this blog, you'll see a different one. Cool, huh?

I probably read a snippet or two of Emerson in high school or college, but for some reason I wasn't into reading beyond classwork back then and didn't pursue anything outside of class. In fact, I didn't start reading books that I picked out myself, just for fun, until I was in graduate school! I squandered my youth, I tell ya. But lately I've become very interested in Transcendentalist literature, Emerson, Thoreau, and others, because their views on nature, and spirituality, are very similar to mine. They were the original nature lovers and poets in American literature.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had to laugh when I saw the quote "There is a crack in everything God has made" right above "eggs! lots of eggs!"
:D

heather said...

I remember hating Emerson and Thoreau when I read them in high school but I don't remember why. I've been thinking that I should go back and read them again because they seem to like the same things as me at this point in my life.