Saturday, April 15, 2006


It was a beautiful April day here at Sand Creek. Many trees were budding out and flowering, including this young maple. Unfortunately we don't have any mature maples here, or we'd have been syruping the last few weeks.

After a few chores and gardening, we spent our first afternoon of the year at the pond. I was the only one who did not go in past my feet. After all, the ice just went out last week. I walked around the pond and saw many minnows, of unknown origin. I was hoping to see some sign of the crappies I threw in last fall.

These are remnants of last years' times spent at the pond. Pablo should be familiar with one of these.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

More than one, actually.

R.Powers said...

Brrrrr, You guys have your own Polar Bear Club.

Brave souls.

Madcap said...

I once read about a guy in the early 1900s who vanquished his TB by diving into icy water several times a day. He said it stimulated his immune system.

Y'all must be really healthy!

Deb said...

pablo- I figured as much.

FC- braver than I, indeed. It's all I can do to take the plunge on a regular summer day. The water stays cold year round!

madcap- whatever works...