Monday, March 27, 2006

placeholder post

I'm feeling sore and crabby today. My entire body hurts, no doubt related to my efforts yesterday to remove as much snow and ice as humanly possible from the floor of the new house. My rationale was that it would hasten the melting, and more importantly, the drying process, so we could restart our building efforts sooner, but I neglected to consider the fact that repeated kicking, stomping, lifting, throwing, and other physical actions beyond my normal routine could cause stress to joints and muscles. On top of it all, I have swollen glands in my neck, the indicator of a virus trying to take hold.

It's also the first day of spring break for the kids, and The Hermit is away on business until Wednesday, so I'm taking the days off to be with them. My mind, therefore, is not in a place where I can write anything coherent, let alone thoughtful. Although I have ideas. I heard the sandhill cranes today for the first time, and I saw two bluebirds when I was taking Togo for a walk. Hopefully I will regain my will to write soon.

6 comments:

Madcap said...

You heard the sandhills already! Well then, spring is truly springing! Get well soon, Deb. Your public awaits!

arcolaura said...

And bluebirds already too! Well, I can't hide from the facts any longer. I definitely heard a white-throated sparrow today.

And I remember chipping ice off the plywood floors in the house my parents were building. The life you're living sounds so much like my own childhood, and the scenes from your yard look so familiar, it's almost spooky.

R.Powers said...

Take it easy. The internet's not going anywhere. Hot tea, feet up.

Endment said...

Lots of sympathy headed your way.

The white-throats are singing here also... To my amazement heard a phoebe this morning.

Glad you have the sandhills, bluebirds and white-throats to bring you cheer.

doubleknot said...

Last night was one of my 'bad' nights when my stomach wants to do it's own thing and keep me awake all night - so this morning trying to get some coffee in me I went blog browsing - love your blog and don't sweat the little stuff - sometimes I have nothing to say either. Loved your pictures. Hope the snow goes away soon for you.

robin andrea said...

Hope you are on the mend, Deb. Rest is really the best. Take all the time you need, we'll be here when you get back.