Monday, February 14, 2005

Signs of spring

We got about 6" of new snow overnight, the wet, sticky kind that clings to branches. I woke up and thought "how beautiful!" about the same time my husband said "Damn!" It was a beautiful, although somewhat treacherous, drive to work.

Now to the signs of spring. Pussy willow buds are getting big! They should be completely budded out in a couple weeks.

It was about 45 degrees and sunny on Saturday, wonderful weather to be outdoors with the kids. We went skating on the pond, but the surface was starting to get mushy. I don't know if we'll get any more skating days after this snow.

I went back twice, Saturday and Sunday afternoons, to try to see the northern hawk owl with no luck. I did see eight great grays on my way to work this morning; one was in a tree near our house.

No comments: